Our 5 year old is now on her 2nd week of kindergarten. She loves school but we keep receiving these notes from the teacher saying that she gets off track and it's becoming a daily issue. We first tried talking with her then bribing her with toys...then that wasn't working so we started taking priveleges away at home (tv, no playing outside with neighborhood friends). We are new to all of this. We want her to understand that she is at school to focus and learn but we are worried that all the lecturing about these notes from the teacher are going to cause her to dislike school. It's never fun to be lectured over and over. Please help.
Top Ten Articles
- End Homework Hassles
- Top 20 Destinations for Learning
- Kindergarten Academics: What To Expect
- 1st Grade Social Changes: What To Expect
- A Dad Who Makes a Difference
- One Last Dance With My Daughter
- Homework: Why It Matters
- "It’s Worth Every Minute"
- Help Your Child Build Writing Skills
- 4th Grade Social Changes: What To Expect