My kindergartner can recite the whole alphabet; count from 0-20; and count to a hundred in tens. The problem comes when I point to a certain letter or number and ask her what it is. She has no idea what to answer, but if I tell her find certain number or letter she will most of the time. What could be wrong?
School Family Connection Newsletter
Get school tips, recipes, worksheets, and more
Top Ten Articles
- End Homework Hassles
- Top 20 Destinations for Learning
- Kindergarten Academics: What To Expect
- 1st Grade Social Changes: What To Expect
- A Dad Who Makes a Difference
- Homework: Why It Matters
- One Last Dance With My Daughter
- "It’s Worth Every Minute"
- Help Your Child Build Writing Skills
- School and the Internet: What You Should Know