Here are some of them:
- The next time you drop your teen off for athletic or other practice, stay awhile and watch.
- Stop doing what you’re doing to listen to your teen.
- Laugh at your teen’s jokes.
- Ask about your teen’s daily activities.
- Say, “I know you can do it.”
- Insist on eating dinner together regularly.
- Occasionally watch your teen’s favorite TV shows with him and listen to his music.
- Create a photo gallery displaying pictures of your teen Throughout his life.
- Share what makes you happy and what causes stress in your life.
- Ask for advice and help sometimes.
- Help your teen set and meet goals.
- Don’t be late picking up your teen from school, movie or other outing.
- Plan special time just for you and your teen.
- Take off from work to chaperone a school field trip.
- Notice the good things about your teen’s friends.
- Say, “I trust you.”
Copyright © Parent Institute