Here are some ways you and your child can remind each other how special you are:
- Take turns thinking of things you like about yourselves. Try to come up with at least two each. For example, “I’m a funny person and I’m a good listener.”
- Come up with two things you like about each other. For instance, “You share your toys and you give big hugs.”
- Discuss ways you can become even better people. Talk about when and how you will work on needed improvements.
- Think of two things you can do together and be proud of. For example, you might make a special meal or do something nice for a neighbor.
- Make time to talk with each other every day. Show how interested you are in each other’s lives.
Copyright © Parent Institute