Be kind to your child and others. Don’t gossip about your friends. Be available when your friends need help. Also teach your child to:
- Be polite. Say, “Excuse me,” “I’m sorry,” “Please” and “Thank you.”
- Listen to what others have to say.
- Try hobbies, sports or community service. This makes a child interesting to others.
- Be a good sport. Look out for the welfare of his entire team, not just himself.
- Be assertive. Stand up for what’s right, without being aggressive.
- Spend some time alone. Kids who enjoy their own company don’t always need to be the center of attention.
- Be friendly. Be the first one to smile at classmates and say, “Hi.”
Copyright © Parent Institute