Make simple graphs at home. Here are some things your child might enjoy graphing:
- The color of all the cars in the neighborhood.
- The number of pieces of mail received each day for a week.
- The number of T-shirts owned by each member of the family.
- The amount of money saved toward something special.
- The kinds of trees, flowers, or plants in the neighborhood.
- The number of pets of various kinds in the neighborhood.
- The temperature outside each day before leaving for school.
Seeing a useful purpose for graphs at home can reinforce learning at school.
Copyright © Parent Institute