But, here are some ideas that will help. Simply use a watch or clock with a second hand. Then ask your child to:
- Close her eyes and open them when she thinks a minute has gone by. How close can she come? What about 30 seconds?
- See how long she can stand on one foot.
- Find out how long it takes to get dressed in the morning.
- Time how long it takes for the toaster to toast a piece of bread.
- Guess when she thinks your family has gone a mile (five miles, 10 miles or 10 kilometers, etc.) when driving in the car. Check the odometer to see how close your child came. See if she can get closer.
Copyright © Parent Institute