Middle schoolers are becoming more aware of the world’s problems and how individuals can make a difference. Here are some ways to plan volunteer work:
- Notice ways other people are involved. Read newspaper and magazine stories about people who donate time.
- Talk about your child’s interests. See if they match any volunteer activities.
- Research your area’s needs. Libraries, schools and religious groups may be able to help.
- Consider volunteer groups made up of kids. These might be more fun for your child.
- Find simple ways to help others. For instance, have your child think of two kind things he can do today.
Copyright © Parent Institute