It’s now critical for your child to prepare well for tests and to know the best ways to take them.
Help improve your child’s chances of doing well on tests by having her:
• Study according to a schedule. Ask her to write down test dates when they are announced. Then have her make a plan to review some of the material each night.
• Quiz herself. Suggest she make up some practice questions for herself. If she can’t answer them all, she’ll know what she needs to spend more time reviewing.
• Involve her senses. Tape-record notes and play them back, make outlines, and highlight key words.
• Get a good night’s sleep before a test. A satisfying breakfast is a must, too.
• Spend the first minutes of a test answering questions to which she is sure she knows the answers. After that, she can use the rest of the time on more difficult questions.
Copyright © Parent Institute