There’s so much to keep track of in middle school. Quickly, notebooks look like trash bins. Backpacks and lockers can become garbage dumps. Home study areas turn into waste sites.
Organized middle schoolers give these tips for peers who want to avoid turning study areas into messes:
- Know that the key to organization is to simplify. The less you have to keep track of, the less likely you’ll lose things.
- Before going to bed, check to see you have everything for the next day. Store these things in your backpack, ready to go.
- Always ask, “Do I really need this?” before adding a paper, notebook or anything to containers or study area.
- Start after-school study time with a five-minute cleanup of book bags, notebooks and study area.
- Once a week, clean and organize your locker. Remove old papers and sandwich bags. Take home smelly P.E. clothes. Make sure everything in the locker is organized so that you can easily find what you need.
Copyright © Parent Institute